Terms & Conditions
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Full payment will be requested at the time of booking in order to minimize transaction charges; however 75% of this payment remains refundable until 60 days prior to the start of the tour (see condition #2 for more detail on cancellation charges). If you prefer to make deposit only payment, please advise BDTours at the time of booking.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour. If the tour is booked within 60 days of departure, full payment is required to confirm. Cancellation within 60 days but 30 days prior to the tour will incur a tariff in the amount of 50% of the full tour cost. Cancellations within 30 days will incur a tariff in the amount of 100% of the full tour cost.
- At the time of booking, you will receive a message with your invoice allowing you to complete payment by international bank transfer or with your credit card through Paypal. Paypal is the preferred method on payments under 100,000 yen. Alternatively, bank transfer is the preferred method on large transactions as the associated flat rate fees are lower. All bank transfer details are available on your electronic invoice. If you choose to complete a bank transfer, please ignore the paypal service charge listed on your invoice and only transfer the amount owing on the balance line of your invoice before the paypal service fee.
- Note: You do not need a Paypal account to use this online system. Simply follow the instructions and links provided with your electronic invoice.
- All customers signing up for a guided tour are required to read and sign a release of liability waiver before departing. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the tour without refund. All participants under the age of 19 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their release of liability.
- All day tour pricing listed on this website is based on a minimum group size of 3 people unless otherwise stated. If your group is smaller than 3, please inquire for pricing. All multi-resort tour pricing is based on a group size of 5 unless otherwise stated. Please inquire for details on pricing for bigger or smaller groups.
- Black Diamond reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time (typically due to inclement weather, unsafe backcountry travel conditions or guide injury / sickness). In the event of cancellation, the customer will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule or receive a full refund.
- All participants entering the backcountry (anywhere outside of the ski area boundary) on a guided tour must be at least 13 years of age.
- We ask guests to be honest with themselves about their skill level. If you have booked and paid for a trip with BDTours but it is clear that your skills are insufficient for the trip you have booked, we will cancel the remainder of the day and refund 50% of your booking fee. If you are uncertain please read about our skill level requirements here.