Starting at ¥ 239,000 per Person
Private Trip Dates Available Upon Request (subject to availability)
Mintara Express –
Central Hokkaido Trip
Welcome to Kamui Mintara aptly named by Hokkaido’s native Ainu people”Playground of the Gods”. The area is equipped with Hokkaido’s biggest mountains, most impressive alpine terrain and home to the lightest, driest snow on the island. This central Hokkaido trip is primarily a backcountry touring trip well suited to skiers and riders who have already explored the depths of Niseko’s powder.
Over the course of 7 days (5 skiing days) your guide on this central Hokkaido trip will pick locations to take advantage of the best snow conditions combined with the desires of the group. Options typically include lift bumps from the steepest resorts in Hokkaido: Kurodake, Asahidake, and Furano as well as touring into the Mintara region to visit Tokachidake and Kamui where you will find steaming volcanoes, steep tree runs, and open alpine bowls. If time allows there might even be a stop at the remote resort of Tomamu where the powder is legendary for pilling up and crowds are nearly non-existent. Of course a central Hokkaido trip is not just all skiing; once you kick the boots off your guide will chauffeur you to the best Onsens in a region full of steaming pools, and help you sample the local cuisine from izakayas and soup curry shops, to sushi restaurants.
Day 1: Transfer. Niseko / Sapporo / Airport to Furano.
Day 2: Guided skiing in Furano region.
Day 3: Guided skiing in Tokachi region. Transfer to Fukiage Onsen.
Day 4: Guided skiing in Tokachi region. Transfer to Asahidake.
Day 5: Guided skiing in Asahidake.
Day 6: Guided skiing in Kurodake. Transfer to Sounkyo Onsen.
Day 7: Transfer to Sapporo / Airport.
- Includes 5 guided skiing days, 3 days lift tickets, 5 nights accommodation (twin or triple share), avalanche safety equipment, and all transportation except airport departure transfer (why not?)
- This trip starts in Furano and ends in Sapporo. Pick-up from Furano station is included. Arrival in Sapporo on the last day will be late morning at the earliest so do not book any morning flights.
- Backcountry touring equipment required. Price dependent on what gear you need to rent.
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe, and appropriate backpack) are required. If you do not have your own please let us know when booking so we can provide equipment.
- Single room upgrade available for ¥ 20,000
- Max 10 guests (min. 5)
- Max guest to guide ratio 5:1