The Power Trip – NY Special
GROUP Trip Schedule: Dec 29 – Jan 6 2019 (319,000yen per person)
Private Trip Dates Available Upon Request (subject to availability).
Do you want to ski the deep powder during New Years? The Power Trip NY Special is designed for the most passionate skiers and riders seeking multi-day guided ski trips. This is the type of holiday that you go back to work to recover from. We will put as much into one week as possible with the guarantee that you will be riding the deepest snow on the island. With no set itinerary, we follow the snow to the best of the best over seven days.
Equipped with a full set of backcountry touring equipment, two guides, and Black Diamond Tours brain trust the options are nearly limitless on this multi-day guided ski trip. We will be able to tap every available option at the destinations we visit: car-shuttles from resort off piste runs, terrain not found on ski maps, and skin to backcountry stashes. A drive never has to be just a drive; along the way we can pull off to build kickers, stop at local hills, or hit classic roadside pillows. Following the ski days we will take you to the best restaurants, onsens (hot springs), and of course out on the town to experience Japanese night life.
On Power Trips you may only spend a night or two in any given hotel and should expect at least some driving every day because the key to keeping up with the snow is mobility. Pack light and be prepared for plenty of early mornings… and late nights. Fortunately, you will be chauffeured in comfortable 4WD vans equipped with tunes to keep you entertained and an ice box to keep the drinks cold.
Power Trips are as much up to you as they are us, one thing is certain though, as we help you chase powder and culture you will have an excursion for the record books. As an added bonus, we’ve kept costs to a minimum in an effort to accommodate the real ski bums. There is no better value out there.
(locations dependent upon best snow conditions)
Dec 29: Transfer to Niseko
Dec 30: Guided CAT skiing at Chisenupuri (The House of Powder)
Dec 31: Guided skiing in Niseko area. Options include: Rusutsu, Moiwa, Shiribetsu.
Jan 1: Unguided day; either take a rest day, or spend the day exploring the Niseko Resort.
Jan 2: Guided skiing in Sapporo area. Options include: Kiroro, Kokusai, Teine.
Jan 3: Guided skiing. Location TBD.
Jan 4: Guided skiing. Location TBD.
Jan 5: Guided skiing. Location TBD; Transfer to Sapporo for dinner and drinks.
Jan 6: Transfer day.
- Includes: 6 Days Guiding, 5 days lift tickets, 1 day cat skiing, 1 day lunch, 8 nights accommodation(twin/shared), avalanche safety equipment, transportation except airport departure transfer. (why not?)
- Touring gear required but not included in trip price. Please inquire for rental rates if you do not have your own touring equipment.
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe, and appropriate backpack) are required. If you do not have your own please let us know when booking so we can provide equipment.
- Guest to guide ratio: max 5:1
- Single Room Upgrade Available for ¥ 25,000.
- Advanced Skiers and Riders only.
- Please look here for recommended flight arrival and departure times. This trip starts in Niseko and ends in Sapporo.