Black Pack –
Private Trip Dates Available Upon Request (subject to availability)
Black Pack –
Hokkaido Ski Package
More for Less is what the Black Pack Hokkaido Ski Package is all about. This 14-day package gives you access to more terrain, more powder, and some of Hokkaido’s best locations from Niseko to the Daisetsuzan National Park. Armed with backcountry touring equipment, accommodations, and transportation in our comfortable AWD vans the options are nearly limitless as explore Hokkaido.
The first portion of the trip largely focuses on lift assisted skiing. This is anything but on-piste skiing though, each day your guides determine a location based upon the snow conditions and your groups overall objectives. This could include anything from skiing inbound hidden stashes, to slipping out sidecountry gates for powder laps and car shuttles, to throwing on skins for bottomless backcountry powder and pillow lines. Your options become nearly limitless when we tap into the Black Diamond Tours brain trust – they just need to know how long your legs can last until a rest day.
The second portion of the trip points you to central Hokkaido and into some of the steepest mountains in northern Japan for a more backcountry focus. Options typically include lift bumps from the steepest resorts in Hokkaido: Kurodake, Asahidake, and Furano as well as touring into the Mintara region to visit Tokachidake and Kamui where you will find steaming volcanoes, steep tree runs, and open alpine bowls. Of course a central Hokkaido trip is not just all skiing; once you kick the boots off your guide will chauffeur you to the best Onsens in a region full of steaming pools, and help you sample the local cuisine from izakayas and soup curry shops, to sushi restaurants.
The Black Pack Hokkaido Ski Package is a perfect option for advanced private groups who enjoy both resort and backcountry skiing and want to experience Hokkaido’s legendary deep snow, onsens, and amazing cuisine.
Day 1: Guided skiing in Niseko region. Options include Rusutsu, Moiwa, Shiribetsu.
Day 2: Guided skiing in Niseko region. Options include Rusutsu, Moiwa, Shiribetsu.
Day 3: Guided skiing in Niseko region. Options include Rusutsu, Moiwa, Shiribetsu.
Day 4: Guided skiing in Sapporo region. Options include Kiroro, Kokusai, Teine. Transfer to location determined by snow.
Day 5: Guided skiing. Location TBD.
Day 6: Guided skiing. Location TBD.
Day 7: Guided skiing. Transfer to Sapporo. Dinner and drinks.
Day 8: Transfer to Furano.
Day 9: Guided skiing in Furano.
Day 10: Guided skiing in Tokachi region. Transfer to Fukiage Onsen.
Day 11: Guided skiing in Tokachi region. Transfer to Asahidake.
Day 12: Guided skiing in Asahidake.
Day 13: Guided skiing in Kurodake. Transfer to Sounkyo Onsen.
Day 14: Transfer to Sapporo / Airport
- Includes 12 guided skiing days, 10 days lift tickets, 13 nights accommodation(twin/shared), all breakfasts, 2 dinners, avalanche safety equipment, and all transport except departure airport transfer (why not?)
- Touring gear required but not included in trip price. Please inquire for rental rates if you do not have your own touring equipment.
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe, and appropriate backpack) are required. If you do not have your own please let us know when booking so we can provide equipment.
- Guest to guide ratio: max 5:1
- Single Room Upgrade Available for ¥ 43,000.
- Advanced Skiers and Riders only.
- Please look here for recommended flight arrival and departure times. This trip starts in Niseko and ends in Sapporo.