Deeper / Further Hokkaido
Private Trip Dates Available Upon Request (subject to availability)
Deeper Further Hokkaido –
Guided Backcountry Ski Tour
This guided Backcountry Ski Tour is designed to take you a little deeper and further afield than most of our other trips. Our stopovers will be off the beaten path and away from the crowds. We will still be well located to visit Hokkaido’s best resorts but expect more backcountry touring than lift accessed skiing as we seek virgin Hokkaido pow. To Finish off this unique trip we will even throw in 2 full days of private Cat Skiing with the Hokkaido Backcountry Club’s Shimamaki Snowcat operation. Expect accommodations in quieter towns rather than major resort and city centers. Many of the accommodations will have onsens (hot spring baths) within the hotel and dinner included.
As competition for the goods around Hokkaido is increasing, we are not publishing the exact locations for our backcountry ski trip or where we will stay each night. You can note though that the trip will start in Asahikawa and wrap up in Shimamaki with plenty of epic skiing and snowboarding in between!
Day 1: Transfer from / Niseko / Sapporo / Airport to Asahikawa.
Day 2: Guided skiing in Asahikawa region.
Day 3: Guided skiing and transfer to undisclosed location.
Day 4: Guided skiing
Day 5: Guided Skiing and transfer.
Day 6: Guided skiing
Day 7: Guided skiing and transfer.
Day 8: Guided skiing and transfer to Shimamaki.
Day 9: Guided Cat Skiing with Shimamaki Snowcats.
Day 10: Guided Cat Skiing with Shimamaki Snowcats. Transfer to Niseko
- Includes 2 guided cat skiing days, 6 other guided ski days, 2 days lift tickets, 9 nights accommodation(twin/shared) with breakfast, 5 dinners, hot springs at most hotels, avalanche safety equipment, and all transfers except departure airport transfer (why not?)
- Dinners in Shimamaki consist of mostly seafood prepared in traditional Japanese style. Please let us know if you have special food requirements or would prefer other arrangements.
- Price based on twin share accommodation. Single Room Upgrades available for additional ¥ 30,000.
- Shimamaki accommodation is Japanese style tatami futons.
- Touring gear required but not included in trip price. Please inquire for rental rates if you do not have your own touring equipment.
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe, and appropriate backpack) are required. If you do not have your own please let us know when booking so we can provide equipment.
- Please look here for recommended flight arrival and departure times. This trip starts in Asahikawa and ends in Niseko.
- Max 10 guests (min. 5)
- Max guest to guide ratio 5:1